Pears are such great subjects for painting both texture and form. This class is ideal for those totally new to painting or watercolours, and for the more experienced it’s the perfect introduction to my wet-on-dry method. Enjoy!
REFERENCE IMAGE PDF
Your reference image PDF includes the colour photo to paint, a grayscale version of it to help assess tones and an outline drawing to trace. (Opens in new window)
Start the tutorial by following along with the videos below!
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Part 4
Steps and Timings
The equipment list for this class is above this video, and for more equipment info and buying links visit this page.
Click on a timing below to skip to that section of the video:
- 00:39 - Equipment
- 04:38 - Drawing
- 05:39 - Your Workspace
- 00:27 - Drawing
- 01:24 - Highlights
- 06:44 - Lightest tones - stalk
- 11:36 - Lightest tones - shadows
- 15:21 - Isolating the highlights
- 20:50 - Darkest tones - stalk
- 27:13 - Darkest tones - shadows
- 00:21 - Skin - Darkest tones
- 07:37 - Skin - Darker midtones
- 11:49 - Skin - mid midtones
- 16:19 - Skin - Lighter midtones
- 00:25 - Adjustments - highlights
- 02:47 - Adjustments - shadow - darkest tones
- 04:23 - Adjustments - skin - darkest tones
- 10:19 - Adjustments - skin - midtones
- 15:47 - Adjustments - glazes
- 00:26 - Details - dots
- 10:33 - Details - stalk
- 12:32 - Details - shadow
- 14:58 - Details - edges
SHARE YOUR COMPLETED PAINTING!
Share on Instagram with the hashtag #annamasonpear to have your painting appear below!